It’s time to dive into the ol’ listener mailbag and answer a few questions in this week’s edition of The Side Hustle Show.
I’ve had quite a few interesting questions come in since the last Q&A episode, and picked 20 to talk through in today’s show.
Click here to join Side Hustle Nation for free!
Like this format?
This is the 12th installment of “20 Questions” so feel free to go back and binge on the older ones too:
- 431: Fear of Selling, Protecting Ideas, Podcasting and More
- 412: Side Hustle Ethics, Charging Your Friends, the Side Hustles I’m Most Excited About, and More
- 365: Market Saturation, Mind Mapping, Miracle Mornings, and More
- 346: The Con of the Side Hustle, Beanie Babies, Affiliate Marketing, and More
- 320: Multiplying Money, Morning Routines, and $100k Side Hustles
- 291: Email, Ebooks, Platforms, and Conferences
- 271: Brilliant Blogging, Ruthless Productivity, and Guaranteed Success
- 245: Network Marketing, Imposter Syndrome, My Side Hustle Mistakes, and More
- 219: Growing Traffic, Monetization, List-Building, a Day in the Life, and More
- 198: Blogging, Branding, Book Writing, and Finding the Right Side Hustle for You
- 181: SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More
A common piece of advice you’ll hear is to take audience questions and turn them into content, so here’s a meta example of that in action.
This episode covers overcoming the fear of selling, combatting shiny object syndrome, passive income motivation, podcasting, protecting your ideas, and more.
- How I can use my knowledge for a blog or a podcast or affiliate marketing? (0:34)
- How have your attitudes about side hustling changed over the last 8 years in the space? (2:35)
- How do bundle sales work? Why would these product creators give their work away for so little? (4:39)
- What’s the table of contents plugin you’re using on your site? (6:53)
- How is the “You Might Also Like” box in your newsletter working for you in terms of boosting clicks, pageviews, etc.? (7:45)
- I noticed that you are using Teachable — any particular reason? (9:50)
- Which WordPress theme should I use? (12:13)
- How much do podcasters get paid by sponsors? (12:50)
- What made you “jump” [from your day job]? How did failure not become an option for you? (16:03)
- Should you build a review site around a single product or service, or broaden it a bit to the whole family of products of services? (18:30)
- What are some good potential side hustles for retirees? (20:03)
- How can you protect yourself from legal liability related to online content? (23:40)
- What’s your take on services like Skimlinks? (25:00)
- Do you still recommend putting your books in Kindle Unlimited / KDP Select? (26:21)
- When registering a business, can I be my own registered agent? (28:20)
- I have 11 separate websites for the local towns where we operate. Should I consolidate domains? (29:12)
- I’m just getting started. Should I write and publish a book or start a service business? (30:51)
- How much is enough to retire at 35? (31:54)
- What side hustles or gigs grew the most in the last year? (34:26)
- How would you speed up the process of growing a community? (36:11)
Links and Resources
- Skillshare – Get a free trial of Skillshare Premium Membership, with unlimited access to 30,000+ on-demand classes!
- Gumball.fm — Build your podcast advertising campaign OR list your show to find sponsors!
Want More Side Hustle Show?
The award-winning Side Hustle Show is a
Top 10 Entrepreneurship podcast
with over 1,000 5-star ratings!
Listen in your favorite podcast app or directly in your browser.