6 Cool Facts About Butterfly Houses

Take a tour of these popular destinations where butterflies roam.

Butterfly houses are popular places to visit. Check out these six facts about them:

  1. During the Butterfly Pavilion’s 2017 Milkweed Seed Giveaway, 825,600 seeds were distributed to guests of this Denver area hot spot. The goal was to get more people involved in the restoration of declining monarch habitat.
  2. The first butterfly house in the U.S., Butterfly World in Florida began on just 3 acres in 1988. It’s now the largest in the world with 10 acres of aviaries, botanical gardens and a butterfly farm.
  3. Watch butterflies be released two times a day in the Wings of the Tropics exhibit at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in Florida. Kids love the up-close moments with exotic species, such as morphos and owl butterflies.
  4. More than 1,000 butterflies fly freely throughout the glass-enclosed conservatory at the Cecil B. Day Butterfly Center in Georgia.
  5. About 40 percent of the butterflies at the Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls, Ontario, are raised in a quarantined greenhouse on site. The other 60 percent are imported from the tropics.
  6. The Butterfly House in Chesterfield, Missouri, features an 8,000-square-foot glass conservatory that is home to 80 butterfly species and 150 tropical plant species. (Read more! 11 Must-Have Host Plants for Butterflies)

Originally Published: September 22, 2017

Read More :   14 Backyard Accessories for a Dream Outdoor Oasis

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button